How To Fix DLL Error in Windows 10
Read about restoring faulty DLL libraries in Windows 10, 8 or 7 and why DLL files can be damaged, deleted or corrupted. By themselves, DLL files are not executable files but other programs use them in their work. Often several programs or drivers can use one DLL file together, so removing or updating one program can break the other.Contents:
The Possible Causes For DLL Files To Be Damaged, Deleted
- Deleting DLL files unintentionally.
- Overwriting DLL files.
- Effects of viruses or malware.
- Damage to the hard disk.
- Absent or damaged hardware drivers.
- In Windows, there are incompatible file versions which belong to different applications.
To Recover DLL Files in Windows 10
- Find and copy the required DLL file from another computer or an installation disk. There are also DLL archives on the Internet where you can search for the necessary DLL file configuration.
Reinstall the program referring to the DLL file. A DLL file error may be caused by an error in the work of the application that uses it.
Update the driver for the device which generates a DLL file error.
Scan the computer for viruses. Some malware can disguise as a DLL file and cause system errors.
Restore the system back to the last good configuration. Launch the Run window with the key combination Windows + R and type in the command: rstrui.exe
In the System Restore Wizard window that opens select the required system restore point with the date preceding the date when you encountered DLL errors.
When a Windows 10 file is deleted, it doesn’t disappear from the hard disk - it can be restored from the Recycle Bin. Just do the following:
- Go to the Recycle Bin on your desktop;
- Find the file or folder which you need to restore;
Right-click on the required element and select Restore in the context menu.
An alternative variant: Select the files or folders which you need to restore and click on the corresponding function in the Recycle Bin menu: find it in the tab Manage / Restore the selected items.
Even if it is permanently deleted from the Recycle Bin, it can still be recovered. In Windows, files never disappear; the space they take up on the hard disk (or any other media) is only marked as free for writing new data there.
If files were deleted with a key combination Shift + Delete and it is impossible to recover them using standard tools of your operating system, the most effective way will be to use Hetman Partition Recovery:
- Download the program, install and launch it. Learn about the program functions and step-by-step guide.
- By default, users are suggested to start with File Recovery Wizard. Click «Next», and the program will ask you to select the disk you want to recover your files from.
- Double-click on the disk and select analysis type. Choose «Full analysis» and wait for the disk scanning process to finish.
- When the scanning is over, you will be shown files for recovery. Select the ones you need and click «Recover».
- Select one of the options to save files. Do not save the recovered files to the disk from where they have been deleted previously because they can be erased.
Have you managed to recover your DLL files? Leave your feedback and ask questions in your comments.